Software defined radio
A space qualified Software Defined Radio (SDR) is designed to deal with ground-space communication systems as well as satellite-satellite communication and in-orbit servicing.
Its modular design allows the payload to be customizable according to the customer needs in terms of operation frequency, signal bandwidth, sample rate, connectors and mechanics.
The product design and component selection has been made to achieve high speed and powerful data processing as well as being in-flight re-configurable.
SDR key features
- Powerful data processing Zynq UltraScale+ with latch-up protected design.
- 3 x 64Mbytes NOR configuration memories for different applications (radiation tolerant DDR3 and NAND) in addition to a radiation tolerant Golden NOR.
- Low Phase Noise reference oscillator that can be GNSS disciplined. Fully synchronous clocks for ADC and DAC. In addition to two fractional PLL for variable Local Oscillators.
- Flexible design with 3 modular customizable boards.
- Advanced design allowing reliable in-flight re-configuration.
- Vin +10.8V to +33.6V Bus voltage compatible, allowing to be connected directly to battery bus voltage or behind stabilized PSU.
- CubeSat, Nanosat or Micro-sat compatible.
- Fully shielded and ruggedized enclosure.
- Reliable product with risk acceptance of a 5-year lifetime.
- Radiation tolerant supervisor processor.
It is the heart of the low frequency radar that will map the asteroid.
CUSTOMIZATION AND DEVELOPMENT
- Breadboard for development, with cost-effective aspects
- Engineering Model for Qualification, fully representative of Flight
- Model with affordable cost (possible qualification)
- Flight Model for the final delivery
- These different versions depend on the level of quality needed.
- S-Band full duplex transceiver, including SSPA (up to 36 dBm)
- X-Band transmitter, including SSPA (up to 40 dBm)
This approach also allows the system to be used for non-space applications.
Next generation sdr survey
We are currently developing a new generation of SDR and you still have the possibility to send us your requirement.
This will help us to better understand the market but also, to design a Software Defined Radio which meets your expectations